Welcome to FC Lions!
The following FAQ should answer any questions you have about the team and what you need to do to get started.
- Uniform/Soccer Bag
- Practice Uniform
- Player Cards
- Practice Location
- Camp Information/Waivers
- Weather Cancellations
Please register as soon as possible after you join the team:
- You will need to create a password. (If you have played with SAM SOCCER in the past, most of your old data is probably still there.)
- For league, choose “SAM SELECT“. For team, type “FC LIONS“. The website will choose an age division by default based on your player’s date of birth. Don’t worry about that if it’s not perfect.
- Enter the emergency contact info and insurance info. Choose “no” for volunteering.
- For payment, choose “Pay by personal check”. Coach Brice will pay for everyone from the fees you pay him so you do not owe any money to SAM.
- If you are new to SAM SELECT, you will need to go the Maryland Soccerplex to get your player’s photo for his/her ID card.
The uniform and soccer bag can both be purchased from Rockville Soccer. Let Garo (store manager at Rockville Soccer) know your child is playing for Coach Brice and he will be able to help you with this order. Garo recommends that all the players order as soon as possible after joining the team.
We wear two game jerseys: White is away, orange is home (with a number on the back & SAM logo on the front). The team wears orange shorts & orange socks. The cost is about $115. Store information:
Rockville Soccer, http://www.rockvillesoccer.com/
Each player should have his/her first name only on his/her bag.
Stadium Team Backpack = $63.00 each
includes FC LIONS over CoachBriceSoccer.com over player name.
All players should wear FC Lions shirts to every practice. I will be giving the players a shirt at the August camp. Rockville Soccer also has practice shirts. Parents are welcome to order them from Rockville Soccer. Just mention that you want an FC Lions with Coach Brice practice shirt and they will know what you are looking for.
If your player hasn’t played in a Select league before, he/she will need a player card. The Soccerplex will have cards available for the upcoming season. (You can call ahead of time to make sure they have them before you go.) Bring proof of age to the front desk at the Soccerplex and they will take a picture and issue you a card. Once you have your card, please turn it in to your team manager or Coach Brice at the next practice.
Leaman Local Park, Field 1, 14021 Eternity Road, Germantown, MD 20874
I have 3 camps in August for my teams, the first is the week of August 10-14th from 9am – 12 noon for my girls teams. The second is August 17-21st from 9am – 12 noon for boys and the third is August 17-21st from 5-8pm for boys. All camps are located at Leaman Park.
Download camp waivers below:
We practice and play games in the rain unless there is thunder/lightning. The Soccerplex has its own thunder/lightning detection system. If there is a practice cancellation due to thunder/lightning, you will be contacted by your team manager before the practice. If you haven’t been contacted, please come to practice. Please always come to games regardless of weather…we will discuss at the field whether the game is canceled or postponed.